Dead Wood


Pruning the dead wood....

2010 was a crappy year. My husband got cancer. Friends hurt me. I was judgmental, and i was super stressed. I worked two jobs, volunteered my time to many others and let others influence me for the worse. Sometimes we need to let go. Let go of those things that are negative in our life. Other peoples problems become our own. I over think things to the point of tears. Its time for a positive change. I am not one for making new years resolutions but i think this year i might try to change my perception which will hopefully in turn change my life. So i am pruning the dead wood. Cutting away those areas that are still lingering in my life so that the new growth can bloom.

Dead wood list.....
  • Anything that you regret, those memories that make you cringe.
  • People that drag you down with their own insecurities
  • People that hold you back with their ideas of what is right and wrong.
  • People that judge you (they don't know you well enough if they think that)
  • Cleansing the house. Stop holding on to all that crap you don't need.
  • Release bad thoughts and worries.
  • Release decisions other have made that effect your life and you can't do anything about.
  • Don't chase relationships that are hard work
  • Others thoughts that influence your opinions.
  • Money is the devil. It is only credit to buy crap you don't need. Don't stress about it. You know it always works out.
  • Selfishness of others. Everyone has issues.


Things to be happy for and aim to do in 2011
  • My beautiful daughter
  • My forgiving husband
  • My house and land
  • The work i enjoy
  • Being creative on a daily basis
  • Friends that love me
  • Meeting creative types that inspire me
  • Feeling better after trying to look on the bright side
  • Caravaning/Holidays
  • Creating my own family
  • Taking time for myself without the guilt.
  • Try not to worry about the house work.
  • Say no. Its harder to say yes. Yes involves work.
  • Forgive and move on (toughy for me)
  • Shine, don't let others smother your light
  • Live closer to the earth. Cut back on the processed. Keep it simple
  • Release bad thoughts and worries.
  • Release decisions other have made that effect your life and you can't do anything about.
  • Don't chase relationships that are hard work
  • Don't let others thoughts influence your opinions. If those opinions turn out to be right least you have found out for yourself.
  • Be open to new connections and possibilities.
  • Just because you tried before and failed doesn't mean that the timing wont be right this time round.
  • Don't stress about the diet. Its not worth it. Everything in moderation. Throw your shoulders back and smile.
  • Try not to worry about people not getting your opinions. Its not an argument it is a discussion.
  • Dress the way that pleases you, not the way that is "ok" by small town standards.
  • Its not about "them". Make it about "you" for a change.
I know this all sounds a a little "new agey". Which i am not a fan of at all. But if i can manage to rearrange my thoughts to think this way then i can think clearer, feel cleansed and in the future the negative influences will not effect my daily life nearly as much. Thus making a happier more satisfied Michelle.

Lift your head. Throw your shoulders back. Smile.  Move on.

Do you have a dead wood list for 2011? Link back here if you do. I would love to see it.....Pray for a better 2011.
Mox

    Comments

    Sarah said…
    All I can say is awesome. Inspired words from an incredible chick :)
    Anonymous said…
    Fabulous post Michelle - good on you, and as Sarah has said, very inspiring words! Best wishes for a brilliant 2011, and congrats on the success of your market - wish I hadn't brought the kids with me & I could have had a proper look!! Next time...
    Kel P xx
    Mum said…
    I just love what you are saying....Be yourself...not what people want of you....Learn to live your life as you want it....Love to live and live to Love. It has been my motto for a long time...Life is beautiful...it is what we make it. Not what other people make it.. We get one chance...so make the most of it. You are my beautiful daughter and I love you for what you have been, what you have done and what you will become...
    So much to say, but I'll wait until we finally meet in person - let's try for 2011 eh?
    bec said…
    aww, great post michelle. i think everyone can take something from that, & you have to know that you're not alone in thinking any of these things :)
    also i love your mums comment! mums are great, i hope when my kids are older i have all that wisdom & love for them :)
    Unknown said…
    All i can say is "YOU GO GIRL" that is a great list for change, and for the postives many of us could use your list as a Mantra for ourselves. I raise my glass to you and your postive happy year and exciting journey to come... Dee x
    Unknown said…
    "Lift your head. Throw your shoulders back. Smile. Move on."

    Loves it.

    And loves ya too you crafty, arty, fabulous lady!

    Here's to 2011! :)
    Anonymous said…
    Congrats to you... How very grown up and inspired!
    You have traveled so far and I am proud to know you.
    Nellie