Weekend Baby

What a difference a little sun can make, and what a great weekend it  turns into. Today was magic but i now fear that this tease of summer will make the rest of the winter seem longer....sad face. The sun allowed me to get down to the foreshore market and stalk my favorite fruit tree sellers and stock up. I am still expanding my "Food Forest" so i am planting for the future...these trees will still take a long time to get to proper producing stage. I bought nine new fruit trees...a bit of everything and one chestnut tree that i will probably never see to it full magnificence. As Bill Mollison says, "us gardeners plant like we are going to live forever". It was very satisfying getting them into the ground today.


I also managed to finish my "Mad Hatters" paining of the tea cups. I love that part when you finish and sit back and look...i always put it in a spot i glance at it every so often. This is also the part where it either grows on you or you see all the mistakes. I photographed the painting near my rocking chair so you can get an idea of scale and given you a close up so you can see the shadow detail...still i think it is next to impossible to give you a proper look at it...sigh...and i see stuff i want to change already ...sigh.

I hope your weekend was as productive as mine and bring on the sun shine...hasn't winter lasted for like three years already?
Mxoxoxoxo
PS. Did you recognise me with the new layout?? xo

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love the new page layout! I wonder re you selling your new painting or keeping it?
Mum said…
Loved your new refreshing page and blog land..Its awesome, always a pleasure to read.
Kylie said…
I love your new blog header...you look gorgeous, very 60's Michelle.
I also really love your ginormous teacup painting x

p.s. if you ever decide to set up an "art subscription" thingo I would so be into it.
What a brilliant quote, i can't wait to plant proper trees & vegetables that will actually feed us, we'll get there, love Posie
Max said…
i love the header pic/design, rather bond girl! one day i'd love to plant an orchard, its on my list of things to do before I die x
I like your painting, it has a beautiful childlike innocence. The colors are delightful. It's great to be able to plant your own trees and see them grow!

Thank you for dropping by my blog and following. Following you back!

love,mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com
Melissa said…
wel hiya- i want to live beside the sea and in the countryside - maybe you finding me was fate!
i've just done a guest post and that was one of my answers!
head over to mine to have a lookie!

i love your tea cups- huge and whimsical at the same time....

melissa- miss sew & so
x
Cat said…
I love getting out in the garden when the sun decides to shine, not this weekend though. I hope you've had some sunny weather to enjoy this weekend.