Runcible Ensemble



In a cafe close to the hearts of locals there was a night of words, art and performance. The Rencible Ensemble was once again formed for the evening.

Performers of songs, poems, stories and spoken word. Artists painting, instagramers recording moments and light projecting on to the wall next to where my art work still hangs. 

Pizza and wine were consumed.

I was out of the house and treated to a night that will never or could never be repeated. We felt the art with our laughs and our hearts. Everyone was interacting whether on stage or watching. The community that the cafe brings with it cannot be replicated. The soul of a small community shone as bright at as the lighthouse on the hill from the other end of the bay.

It feeds me yet makes me sad. I was asked if I was performing. Performing hasn't been my thing for a long time. I don't consider myself a writer with a voice or even a writer of any variety. It was a blessing to hang with friends and like minded folk. It was heart warming to see the peace everyone sat with each other.

Where this gathering happens next time will be interesting considering the force behind it is selling the roof over its own head.  I am sure whereever the next one occurs this community will follow and I suggest you treat yourself to spend the night with them as well.


Comments

Melissa said…
Oh this sounds delicious!!