Simplicity Dress Edit 1796



Phew last week was a busy one.

I went back to work for a day. I have been doing an after school program for The Smith Family making Zines with some young people at ArtsCape. Last week we had an all day workshop with many schools from along the coast. That morning (breakfast meeting!!) I had my first meeting with Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery to suss out all the details for the digital media project I am doing with them.
I had book club with Seedsmiths one night, I had a 7th birthday party to attend and we spent the whole weekend renovation my new study nook.

Amongst all that I did get to pop into the Woman Cave to finish off this amazing dress (which I wore to my meeting with TMAG and my day session with The Smith Family.
This fabric is from Spotlight and is a Japanese Linen. The pattern was Simplicity 1796 again but I made the change of a full wrap around dress rather than just in the bust. Much better for feeding a bubba. 
I have some navy fabric I would like to try this pattern on again but with a few more changes to the tying system. It's in my head so fingers crossed that translates to fabric. I am also on the hunt for some denim that doesn't cost an arm and a leg (this is what happens when you are use to buying discounted or thrifted fabric = tight arse).
I also have a huge pile of vintage fabrics to list for sale soon. The time has come for me to move on and stop hoarding them. I have some favorite facey pages to unload them but let me know if you know of any others.

All this busy-ness makes me long to be 'doing' even though I am obviously 'doing'. It really messes with my head when I get a taste of 'doing' and then I'm back to the laundry. The baby has started to pull himself up on things this week (eeekkkk!!!- I'm not ready) and I am fully aware that life is about to get extremely busy at home. So it was welcome when someone told me of this beautiful quote from our former Governor General Quentin Bryce:


She is totes right - right? As a Mum and a creative person it's so hard to find the balance between slowing down and speeding up.

Wise words.

Comments

Unknown said…
That fabric is lovely - and the quote? One of my favourites, too.
sister outlaws said…
Sounds like lots going on - yes great to have a full interesting life but all that mum stuff still has to be done huh? This dress is a knock out!