Badges - Old School





I told my little girl about how I was once cool. In primary school I had an acid wash denim jacket in which I sewed and clipped on any badge I could lay my hands on, which was roughly around five pieces of bling. Yeah ... I was that cool.

For her birthday I bought her (ME!) an old school badge maker and enough supplies to make 100 badges. She opened her large and heavy present and was suitably unimpressed by the machine and the endless badge making possibilities.

A couple of days later I got out some paper supplies and proceeded to induce excitement.... and it worked. Badge making took over the dining table for well over a fortnight and we made badges for ourselves and our friends. I had to google instructions for my Badge-a-minnit machine and there were defiantly some hits and misses in their construction.

After we had made a few badges I told her my acid wash story and got her (ME!) excited about recreating my moment. We raided the house for anything else to pin on  the vest and grows in its personality.

Isn't it funny how something like a badge can induce such memories. I bet you did one at your school fair. Can you remember how cool it was to draw something then have it turned into a badge? That was pretty cool.

Comments