Where The Wild Things Are - Wild Rumpus Party



It was decided that there would be a birthday party for the nearly 7 year old this year. It was decided that the party would be gender neutral as she wanted to invite her boy friends (not boyfriends) and thought that princess dress ups aren't probably everyone's thing.

Where The Wild Things Are is one of our most favourite books and seemed appropriate for my little untamed monster.

There was lots of Pinteresting on the subject.

I made up some printables to go in some cards (above). The little girl wanted to make them herself but the control freak in me made these up and then let her paste them into some blank cards with a little Max that popped out when you opened it. I also generously let her write each kids name on the cards and envelopes.

There were party bags filled with handmade things and no plastic. I would have loved to add one of those beautiful (yet often just for looks) Twig pencils however the cost to get them to Tasmania was enormous. We also made some gold crown party hats to wear on the day.


Today the cake was started. I plan to make it look like a log with chocolate bark.


....and it's not your birthday week if you don't get to lick the beaters....



How did she get so big? 

I'll post on the party after the event for a final look at our theme.

Comments