Chambray Love




You know that feeling when you walk into that huge fabric store and there is a 40% off store wide sale?..... yeah that feeling.

Suddenly all those delicious fabrics you have been salivating over seem a possibility. I have been dreaming of these garments made out of beautiful chambray for literally months. I bought four meters and, after these projects, I still have a good meter left. If only I could have stretched the sale to that linen I desperately want as well. I guess I will just have to be satisfied to use fabric from my most ridiculous stash next sewing session.

Firstly I made a wrap dress for me - designed a pocket for the front rather than hidden ones in the seams. I used an embroidered cross pattern to hold up the cuffs rather than go though the pain of creating another crappy button hole... plus I really like what it adds to the dress. This dress has now really moved on from the original Simplicity pattern I first used. I love its evolution.

Secondly I made this pinny dress for the 7 year old. I drafted it from scratch, added a front pocket and made the hem with a draw string for a bit of puff and scrunch. It fit her perfectly, my dress on the other hand feels a bit big.

Next on my list is a reversible blanket vest for the baby. Sewing literally never ends.

Comments