Falling Out of Love



It's not you ..... it's me.

I think we need to talk...

...talk about this blogging business. It's just not what it use to be. I don't feel the passion or the pull to write here much anymore. I will, no doubt, still return here to make the odd post but the reasons and the passion I had for this space are no longer there. 

The old guard has abandoned ship or monetised their spaces. The comments are waning and the inspiration is no longer original or relevant to my head space.

It's not just blogging, I am also abandoning many social media platforms. I will still be there but they don't captivate me like they use to. The place I am spending more time is Instagram - it is less needy and a lot less spammy... and even that I am checking less.

I haven't lost my passion for arts and the need to record it but I feel a direction change is coming. I'm not sure what it will be yet but the lull before the passion storm is here.

This space has been my online home for so many years. I have been blessed to be exposed to such wonderful people but I also feel the soul has left this blogging business and I've never been in it for the fame or profit. It's just not me.

This has been building for a while and this morning I made the call. I feel at peace with this decision. I'm not upset and as I said before I am sure I will still hang around with the odd post. Perhaps one day it will pull me back in but I feel there will need to be a shift in how I am currently feeling about the www's.

I'm sure we can still be friends, I know people usually say that after a break up but I mean it. I'll ring you soon...ok? x

Comments

Kylie said…
Hi Michelle, sorry I haven't commented a while. It's a bit sad this 'thing' (whatever it is? the ease of instagram maybe?) that's happened to blogs...but I totally get where you're coming from. All the best with your arty (and other endeavours) Kylie x
sister outlaws said…
Hi Michelle! Totally get where you are coming from. Blogging is changing and becoming more like marketing. I often question the meaning and importance of social media - just another chore? Anyway maybe you don't need the blog space because of your woman cave! I often think of my blog as a room. Will look you up on insta - just started there but I'm more wordy than visual so not enjoying it as much! Good luck with all your ventures!